Name: Bernie Kosar
Team: Cleveland Browns
Value of card: Splinters
Key 1992 stat: Five times had to call the fire department to get him out of a tree
Fun facts about Bernie Kosar and trees:
- Trees are made of wood. Judging from the way he moved around the pocket, so was Kosar.
- A large tree, such as a mature oak, can use 110 gallons of water a day. Kosar, never mature enough to turn down a challenge, once chugged an equal amount of Stroh's in a day.
- Some trees, such as oaks, create seeds that fall to the ground. That's where most of Kosar's passes fell, as well.
- Trees are planted in soil. On game days, Kosar was also often planted in soil by the D-line.
- In the fall, many trees' leaves turn vibrant colors, such as red, orange and yellow. Kosar's shirt still put those trees to shame.