Name: Earl Weaver
Team: Baltimore Orioles
Value of card: 2 ounces of Weaver spit
Key 1982 stat: 14 tons of dirt kicked on umpires' shoes
Baseball's back, baby: We here at The Bust believe that when you do something well, you should do it again. Nevertheless, we're bringing you the second installment of Coach-Manager Week, featuring some of the grumpiest and grimiest old men the sports world has ever seen, just in time for Opening Day.
Some make-believe sage advice from Earl Weaver, given during the photo shoot pictured above:
- "Even if you're not drunk, look drunk."
- "Combs are for sissies and Yankees."
- "Orioles make for good eatin'. I'm talkin' 'bout the bird, idiot."
- "Sometimes, you have to visit a blind barber."
- "Wrinkles are the road map of the face. Grow some."
- "Next time you're feelin' blue, spit on an umpire."