Name: Benito "Benny" Santiago
Team: Florida Marlins
Value of card: A quarter, flipped and then lost down a sewer grate
Key 1993 stat: Zero marlins caught
Repetitive motion disorder: Watching a catcher toss off his mask and go scrambling for a ball is one of the most dramatic sights in baseball. Benny Santiago knew this and used it to his advantage. He'd wear his headgear constantly, whether at the ballpark, out in public or in the comfort of his own home. Here are some less appropriate situations in which Benny flipped his lid, so to speak:
- In the car, anytime he tried to run a yellow light
- When the restaurant check came
- Anytime the bartender called last call
- During "Bud Bowl III"
- Whenever he heard the chorus of Van Halen's "Jump"
- After making sweet, sweet love to Mrs. Santiago