Name: Allen Ripley
Team: San Francisco Giants
Value of card: $12 (don't believe it)
Key 1980 stat: 4-inch distance between camera and face
Let's play a new game: Ripley's Believe It or Not:
- Believe it or not? Ripley once flew away during a game thanks to his hair wings.
- Believe it or not? Ripley was really wearing a Giants hat in this photo; it wasn't a crudely drawn facsimile added during the card production process.
- Believe it or not? Ripley was a close talker, hence the closeness of his face to the camera lens.
- Believe it or not? Ripley's nose was detachable, as evidenced by the creases around his snoz.
- Believe it or not? This card was not one of many abominations in the 1981 Topps set.
Oh, in case you wondering, don't believe any of the garbage above.